- Out and about town, the ready-to-go functionality of the Koala is popular with parents around the world. Families marvel at its go-anywhere capability, especially the ease of manoeuvrability through crowded locations.
- Design & Technical Features
- Proven Macpac load-carrying with improvements to child "cockpit" for better comfort and ease of use
- Adjustable child harness fixes at shoulder for easy access
- Safety-first child seat-features padded harness and wings
- AirSupply harness-ready to go functionality for the novice user
- Fits Sombrero sunshade and rain cover-outdoor necessities
- Front and rear foot loops for safe and secure loading and unloading
- Variable child seat - depth can be adjusted as your child grows
- Generous 25lt base pocket for gear storage-includes bottle holders
- Child's shoulder pads and head pad are removable for washing
- Hinged alloy frame - folds flat for vehicle travel
- Fabfic: Nylon Twill
- Child Carriers Care
Cleaning Your Child Carrier
You are best to clean your pack with a natural, non-detergent soap and a soft-bristled brush. Suitable soap types are: pure soap, vegetable soap, Nikwax Tech Wash or Lux Soap Flakes. Rinse the pack well and dry it in a well-ventilated area out of direct sunlight.
After washing we recommend reproofing our AzTec® packs with Nikwax Cotton Proof.
The manufacturer of our zips, YKK, intentionally makes the zip slider from a soft alloy. This is so the slider (which is relatively easy to replace) wears out before the zip teeth (which are very difficult to replace). So, when zips are used extensively and in dusty or dirty environments the inner parts of the slider are worn away to a point where they cannot bring the teeth of the zip together effectively.
To get the worn sliders working until they can be replaced you can use a pair of pliers to gently squeeze the sides of the slider together. This should allow the slider to bring the zip teeth together. Don't use too much force because you can jam the slider.
Always try to keep the zip teeth as clean as possible. Wash them with fresh, clean water and lubricate with a silicon lubricant suitable for use on fabrics. This stops the dirt and dust from wearing away the insides of the sliders.