USE OF OUR WEBSITE BY YOU
While we endeavour to keep our website up to date and error-free, mistakes can occur. We do not accept responsibility for any loss suffered as a result of reliance on the accuracy, adequacy, completeness or currency of information on this website. If you have acted in reliance on a mistake on this website, we are not obliged to honour the mistake, and will contact you prior to processing your order.
We do not warrant that access to this website will be uninterrupted or error-free. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through our website.
You acknowledge that use of this website, and any services provided through it, are subject to these Terms and all applicable laws. By accessing and interacting with this website you accept these Terms. If you do not agree, you must refrain from accessing and browsing this website or using any of the services.
ACCURACY OF PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
We try to ensure that information provided through this website is accurate and current. However we cannot, and do not, represent or warrant the accuracy, adequacy, completeness of information on this website or that it is up to date. For example (but without limitation):
- Prices and colours of products may change, and all products are subject to availability;
- Variations to products may occur from time to time for various reasons (including changes in seasonal range, or product specifications);
- While we try to represent products (including colours) accurately, the representation on your screen may be different to the actual product;
- Descriptions of products are summaries only (with further information available on request to us);
- We may withdraw any product from sale for any reason, however that product might still appear on our website for a period of time after that withdrawal;
- Due to technical or human error, information may be recorded incorrectly or omitted.
If a product offered by us is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition to us. We make no undertaking that a product shown on our website will be available for purchase online, at all stores or at a specific store.
CARING FOR YOURSELF IN THE OUTDOORS
Macpac gear is tested in New Zealand’s rugged outdoors and made to perform for the purposes for which it was designed. We want you to get out there and enjoy it, but you must use the right gear for your activity. All outdoor activities, including backpacking, hiking, biking and climbing all have an element of risk which could result in serious injury or death. Please ensure you use the correct gear and assume responsibility for your own safety. Information on our website cannot be relied on by you as a substitute for proper training and instruction.
All prices and delivery charges on our site are in New Zealand dollars (NZ$) or Australian dollars (AUD$) and are inclusive of New Zealand GST (if any). International orders (for countries other than New Zealand and Australia) will be processed in New Zealand dollars (NZ$).
If you order products for delivery outside New Zealand or Australia, the products may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches its final destination. You will be responsible for payment of these duties and taxes.
We reserve the right to alter prices and delivery charges for any reason at any time. If there is a pricing mistake on our site, we are not obliged to honour such price, and will contact you prior to processing your order. Online only deals are for a limited time, available online only while stocks, colours and sizes last. Not all multibuys are available online.
SALE & PROMOTIONAL PRICING
Unless otherwise stated, all sale and promotional advertisements relate to the original price of Macpac branded products sold both in-store and online, while stocks last, and exclude the following: products marked as Clearance, footwear and all third party or non-Macpac branded products. Availability of styles, sizes and colours may vary by store and online. Macpac reserves the right to conclude or extend sale pricing at any time and without advertised notice.
All current discounts are reflected in the advertised Clearance price. While stocks last. Availability of styles, sizes and colours may vary by store and online. Clearance promotions are defined as discounts over and above the original Clearance price and are applied to the original Clearance price. All Clearance promotion discounts are reflected in the advertised Clearance price during the length of the promotional period. For all Clearance items online, the price may have been available for longer than the previous price.
If you wish to join the Macpac Club, please do so by clicking here. By joining you agree to receive information from Macpac, including e-mails. Club discounts and conditions apply as set out on our website. We may amend the benefits and discounts available from time to time and any changes will be communicated via our website. Membership is not transferable. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password, and for maintaining the secrecy of your account and password. If you are under 18 you are not authorised to make purchases without the involvement of your parent or guardian.
EARNING AIR NEW ZEALAND AIRPOINTS™ AT MACPAC
Macpac is proud to be an Airpoints™ partner. You can collect Airpoints Dollars™ each time you make a purchase at any of our New Zealand stores and scan your valid Airpoints™ card, or when you make a purchase online and enter your Airpoints™ number at the checkout. You will earn Airpoints™ at a rate equivalent to 1 Airpoints Dollar™ per $115 spent or a percentage of an Airpoints Dollar™ based on the percentage of $115 spent.
It’s important to note that Airpoints will not be earned on the freight component of an online purchase. From time to time we may offer extra Airpoints Dollars on items in store, and these items and/or the number of Airpoints Dollars may change at any time without notice. We may also make limited time Airpoints Dollars™ offers direct to select Airpoints™ members at our discretion.
When you use a Macpac Gift Card to pay for your purchases you will also earn Airpoints™, but not when you purchase the Gift Card. Airpoints Dollars™ are not applicable to cash withdrawn as part of an EFTPOS transaction. Airpoints Dollars™ cannot be redeemed or used as payment in Macpac stores or on our websites. Airpoints Dollars™ earned at Macpac will be loaded onto your Airpoints™ account within one month.
2020 MACPAC ‘TIME TO TAKE SOME TIME AWAY’ COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over.
- Employees of Macpac New Zealand Ltd, Macpac Retail Pty Ltd (Macpac), their related companies, employees, contractors and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter.
- The competition runs from 12:01am on 25 February 2020 to 11.59pm on 31 March 2020 (“Competition Period”).
- Times are all based on Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) and are subject to change without notice.
- Values are all in Australian Dollars.
- To be eligible for this competition, you must be a Macpac Club Member or become a Macpac Club Member, and make a purchase either in store or online during the Competition Period. Macpac will take no responsibility for late entries.
- You will automatically be entered into the competition. You will receive one entry per transaction during the Competition Period.
- There are 3 prizes to be won. Each prize consists of a $1000 Macpac gift voucher.
- The prize is not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Total value of all 3 prizes combined is $3000.
- The competition will be drawn on 9 April 2020 at 10:00am (AEST) at 6 Coulthards Avenue, Strathpine, Queensland 4500.
- The winners will be notified via email on 9 April 2020 by Macpac, and asked to contact Macpac for the purposes of organising prize fulfilment.
- Macpac will make reasonable efforts to contact the winners, but if the winners are unable to be contacted within 7 days of the prize being drawn, the prize will be redrawn.
- Prize winners’ names will be published on Macpac’s website on 9 April 2020.
- The winner of the prize pack must accept the prize before 10:00am (AEST) on 16 April 2020. If they do not accept, the prize will be redrawn at midday on 16 April 2020 at 6 Coulthards Avenue, Strathpine, Queensland 4500. The winner of the redraw will be notified via email on 16 April 2020 and asked to contact Macpac for the purposes of organising prize fulfilment.
- By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that their name and photographs may be used for publicity purposes by Macpac, including but not limited to being displayed on Macpac’s website and/or via Macpac’s various social media channels.
- Entry into the competition implies full acceptance of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
- Macpac, its related companies, contractors, employees and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, and costs and expenses) suffered or sustained in connection with the competition and/or the prize, except for liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- Macpac and its associated agencies shall not be liable in any way if the performance of obligations hereunder is delayed or becomes impossible by reason of any Act of God, war, fire, earthquake, strike, sickness, accident, civil commotion or any other cause.
- The competition and these terms and conditions are subject to, and will be interpreted in accordance with, the laws of New Zealand.
- The promoter is Macpac New Zealand Ltd and Macpac Retail Pty Ltd (ABN 98 129 716 025), 4 Mary Muller Drive, PO Box 22 225, Christchurch 8022, New Zealand, phone +64 (0)3 365 8963.
- These Terms and Conditions govern the Competition. All other information provided prior to entering the Competition, including any instructions on how to enter the Competition, form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
- If a prize is unavailable for any reason, the promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute any prize with a gift to equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Authorised under NSW permit number: LTPS/20/41838
MACPAC GIFT CARDS
Macpac gift cards are only redeemable in the country of purchase. When redeeming a gift card online, only one gift card is valid per transaction. In the event that gift card value information is unable to be retrieved online, we reserve the right to decline a gift card transaction until the correct card value can be verified. To use multiple gift cards, please visit one of our Macpac stores or contact us for further information. Gift cards are non-transferable, cannot be redeemed for cash, and cannot be credited to an account. No change will be given. Cards can be redeemed in full or for part of a payment. Unredeemed balances will remain on the card until used. Macpac cannot replace, redeem or refund lost, stolen or damaged gift cards. Gift cards can be used in conjunction with another form of payment. Gift card balances can be checked in store, or please contact customer service by clicking here for this information.
It is critical to us that your payment information is secure. We employ up to date security tools to keep this information safe. We use the secure Hosted Payment page solution from Braintree to process online orders. You can see your cards being authorised in real time, all in a SSL secure environment. The Hosted Payment page enables us to offer customers a safe and speedy online shopping experience. Your credit card details are not stored by us.
PRODUCT REVIEW GUIDELINES
We welcome your feedback on products you have purchased. If you review a product online please keep your review focused on the particular product, avoid writing about customer service (contact us instead here if you have issues requiring attention), refrain from mentioning competitors of Macpac or the price you paid for the product, refrain from using profanities and don’t include any information that would enable personal identification of you (such as your full name). Your review will be moderated in accordance with these guidelines, and posted on the product page on the website.
WARRANTY, RETURNS AND OUR LIABILITY
We trust our gear completely, so all Macpac products are fully warranted against defects in materials and workmanship. Click here for details. If your purchase fails due to a major fault you can ask for a full refund or a replacement. Or we will repair it free of charge. If it fails due to a minor fault, it maybe repaired or we will replace it or offer you a refund. If you change your mind after purchasing a product, you are welcome to return it for a full refund, a store credit or alternative product. Terms and condition apply. Macpac is committed to complying with all our obligations under consumer laws. Your rights are in addition to any rights you have under such laws.
To the extent permitted by law, any other condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these Terms is excluded. Macpac uses up to date virus protection tools to protect your device when accessing the website. However, Macpac does not warrant that this site, its servers, or e-mails sent from Macpac are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Macpac will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may refer to, or provide links to third party websites on our site. In doing so we are not responsible for, nor do we endorse, any information that does not originate directly from us. We are also not responsible for information or goods or services at or accessible from those third party websites.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Macpac owns all intellectual property rights in and to this website and the products and information displayed in it and other material underlying and forming part of this website. Use of our trademarks or any intellectual property, information or other material from this website is not permitted without our prior written consent. Any other trademarks we use, are used with the permission of their respective owners.
TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION
We may at any time and without notice:
- change the format and content of this website;
- stop providing, suspend or restrict your access to this website if you do not comply with any obligation you have to us (whether under these Terms or otherwise); or
- stop providing or suspend the operation of this website (in whole or in part).
No such action will affect any of our rights or your responsibilities under these Terms.
APPLICATION OF LAW
Macpac will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations under its contract with you that is caused by an event outside its reasonable control.
Each of these Terms is separately binding. If for any reason any Term is not effective or binding, all other Terms remain effective and binding. If we do not exercise or enforce any right available to us under these Terms or otherwise arising at law or in equity that does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Contracts for the purchase of products, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formulation, will be governed by New Zealand law. Any dispute or claim shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
All rights not expressly granted to you in these Terms are reserved. We may amend these Terms at any time without notice to you. Amendments will come into effect from the date they are published on this website. The updated version of these Terms will supersede all prior versions.
Customer Service Enquiries
Got a question about the Macpac range, your latest order, or pricing and promotions? Contact our customer service team on the details below. Or, for helpful advice and gear tips from our friendly staff, visit your local Macpac store.
New Zealand - 0800 622 722
Australia - 1800 128 504
International - +64 (0)3 964 9693
For NZ enquiries, please contact email@example.com
For AU enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org